페이지 정보작성자 편집국 작성일18-06-10 16:19 댓글0건
재미동포전국연합회, 트럼프대통령에게 조미정상회담 성공을 촉구하는 서한 보내
[뉴욕타임즈 광고 전문]
북(조선)과 미국의 두 정상이 역사적인 담판을 하게 될 북미정상회담을 앞두고 재미동포전국연합회는 6월 9일 <트럼프대통령에게 보내는 공개서한>을 뉴욕타임즈에 싣는 광고사업을 전체 회원들과 많은 재미동포들의 지지와 후원으로 진행하였다.
공개서한은 코리아의 평화와 번영 통일을 위한 판문점선언의 내용을 밝히며, 이를 이행하기 위해서 미국의 협조와 노력이 필요하다고 피력하였다. 그리고 남북과 세계 평화에 크게 이바지할 북미정상회담의 성공을 기원하였다.
전문은 다음과 같다.
Dear President Donald Trump;
On April 27 this year there had been an epochal summit meeting held between president Moon Jae-in of South Korea and chairman Kim Jong Un of North Korea at a historically significant place called Panmunjom, on the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) between the two Koreas.
The outcome of the meeting is called “Panmunjom Declaration for Peace, Prosperity and Unification of the Korean Peninsula”. It contains three basic principles the two Koreas will pursue in coming years;
• Reconciliation, pursuit of co-prosperity and move toward One-Korea, i.e., unification.
• Reduction of military tension in the peninsula and the end of enmity between the two Koreas.
• Official ending of the Korean War by converting the existing armistice to a peace treaty and denuclearization of the Korean peninsula.
Most Korean Americans are aware that this historical event represents to a large extent, the result of your policy direction dealing with the Korean peninsula and are very appreciative of it.
We are also aware that for the implementation of much of the agreements in the Panmunjom Declaration it will require cooperation and efforts from the United States; thus, the importance of the next summit meeting that you so graciously agreed to hold, between, you and Chairman Kim Jong Un.
For that reason, we the Korean Americans would like to make following recommendations and suggestions to you;
• Please remember that your effort for the success of the Summit will be appreciated by all the Korean Americans as well as the Koreans in both North and South.
• The success of the Summit will also eventually bring about the peace and stability in the whole Northeast Asia.
• The success of the Summit will result in the end of, near 70 years old enmity between the two Koreas and U.S. and will open door for possible economic prosperity in North Korea that will have tremendous benefit to the life and right of the people of both Koreas.
• As you might have seen in the Panmunjom Summit, Chairman Kim Jong Un is a flexible, reasonable and amiable partner of negotiation committed to the peace and economic development of his country; there is no doubt at all that you and chairman Kim will have a friendly, mutually enjoyable, and productive time, beneficial to both countries, at your coming summit.
• “Denuclearization of Korean Peninsula” could have varying meanings and definitions, nevertheless, please remember, North Korea is a nuclear power now, but one with commitment to its denuclearization; however, only with firm, verifiable, irreversible, guarantee for peace and equal international partnership with United States and Republic of Korea.
=Korean American National Coordinating Council =
[photo source: the NYT, June 09, 2018]
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.