Saying he would feel ten years younger if the country is reunified > News

본문 바로가기

DISCLAIMER. Korean American National Coordinating Council, Inc. does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of some of the information or content contained in this website. These are only introduced for the Korean Americans and others to have a direct access to know the positions of the DPRK (North Korea) and some other opinions of ROK (South Korea). 

News

Saying he would feel ten years younger if the country is reunified

페이지 정보

작성자 작성일08-07-08 00:00 댓글0건

본문

This  happened  one  summer  day  of  Juche  63  (1974).  In  those  days,  President  Kim Il Sung was making tireless efforts day and night for the country´s reunification.

It was about 4 am. While staring at the breaking eastern sky in deep thought, he called up an official in the field of national reunification.

The fast asleep official awoke by the ring and raised the handset soon. He was astonished to hear the  rotund voice of the President.

He emotionally made respectable terms of greeting to the President.

I hear your voice that you also seem tired, the national reunification is by no means a kid stuff, the President noted.

Shouldering the heavy burden of the party and state affairs, the President might have been tired hundreds times more than the official. However, the President is worrying over the fatigue of the official, indifferent to his own fatigue.

Feeling compunction, the official asked him to have a rest, worrying about the health of the President.

The President noted in an undertone that he could not sleep. Noting that he could not get to sleep during the anti-Japanese struggle at Mt. Paektu, he said that he could not have a rest since the nation was not yet reunified. He added that he wished to relieve his accumulated fatigue after the country´s reunification.

The official felt pain to hear that the President had a restless night since the country is not reunified.

The official appealed his anxiety. After remaining mum in deep thought for a while as if he was heart-rending to pass the years leaving the country divided, the President  continued:

We have not got our work done yet. We should reunify the country by ourselves···.

He added that he would feel ten years younger if the country was reunified.

The official was choked with tears picturing the President who makes restless effort throughout the night to achieve the national reunification even though he  had devoted himself to the prosperity of the nation and happiness of people and performed great feats.

The phone was over, but the President´s ardent words apprehensive of the reunification seemed to continue.

Saying that he would get ten years younger when the country is reunified, the President put his heart into the reunification! His tireless devotion for national reunification was indeed warm and intense incomparably.

“Comrade Choe Tok Sin!”

Choe Tok Sin who had once organized the Association of Korean Residents in the United States enjoyed a worthwhile life in the DPRK in his later years. He was a son of Choe Tong O who was a teacher of President Kim Il Sung in the Hwasong Uisuk School.

But the father and son covered different paths of life.

Choe Tok Sin was a general of the south Korean army when his father nested in the bosom of President Kim Il Sung in Pyongyang, and when the father was striving for national reunification as a staff member of the Council of South Koreans in the North for the Promotion of Peaceful Reunification, he, together with anti-reunification forces at home and abroad, was engaged in freezing national division as a leader of the “Southeast Asian Anti-Communist Federation”, south Korean “foreign minister” and then advisor to the south Korean “Ministry of National Unification”.

Later, he, though belated, took political asylum in a foreign country to change his life.

Kim Il Sung pardoned his sinful life.

On July 1, Juche 70(1981), Choe visited Pyongyang to pay tribute to the memory of his father, and Kim Il Sung met him.

At that time Choe could hardly raise his head before the President and atoned for his sins.

“Esteemed President, I’m unable to raise my head before the nation and I feel heartily ashamed to meet you, for you have rendered all kinds of favors to my father.”

Hearing him stammering, the President dissuaded him. Let bygones be bygones, the President said, and continued: Now that the nation is at the crossroads of permanent division or reunification, you and I should join hands for the sake of national reunification. ... He added that he thought grateful for Choe who resolved to bid farewell to his past and strive for reunification.   

Choe was moved by the ocean-like magnanimity of the President and since then often flew to Pyongyang.

During the period, he became familiar with the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea led by the President and leader Kim Jong Il and made his soul and efforts for national reunification even in a foreign country.

The President entrusted him deeply and received him whenever he came to Pyongyang.

When he settled down in the DPRK the President designated him as the vice-chairman of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of the Fatherland.

He lived a worthwhile life in his late years under the benevolent love and trust. Really he had nothing to envy in the world.

But he had a desire cherished deep in his heart. That was to be called “Comrade” as a soldier of Kim Il Sung. 

“Esteemed President, I have a request. I want to live as your soldier. I dare to ask you to call me ‘Comrade’ rather than Mister.”

The President accepted his request with pleasure.

The President with a bright smile on his face said that comrades share the will with each other and he would call him as he wished. Comrade Choe Tok Sin, let us share the fate on the way to national reunification, he added.

His rotund voice reverberated in the room.

That day, Choe said to himself.

“As there is such a great benevolent bosom, my father could defy even the death to nestle in the bosom.”

[이 게시물은 편집실님에 의해 2013-02-09 01:33:42 문화판에서 이동 됨]
추천 0

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

인기게시물
유투브로 보는 조선중앙텔레비젼 보도 5월 7일(목)
[논평] 문재인정부는 역사의 범죄자를 모조리 처벌해야 한다.
[Reminiscences]3. An Echo of Cheers for Independence
국가보안법 철폐 주한미군철수를 말하지 않는 청와대와 여의도는 없애 버려라
주체사상의 진수, 사상적 알맹이
유투브로 보는 조선중앙텔레비젼 보도 5월 16일(토)
[제목으로 보는 노동신문] 5월 24일(일)
최근게시물
[제목으로 보는 노동신문] 6월 5일(금)
유투브로 보는 조선중앙텔레비젼 보도 6월 4일(목)
회고록 《세기와 더불어》제2권 제 6 장 6. 구국군과 함께
[Reminiscences]Chapter 4 9. An “Ideal Village” I…
[사진으로 보는 노동신문] 6월 5일(금)
[회고록] 세기와 더불어 - 보천보의 불길(2)
내각결정 제60호
편지에 깃든 진정
[회고록] 세기와 더불어 - 보천보의 불길(1)
보천보의 총성은 조선의 영원한 승리의 메아리
자체의 힘으로 전진해나가는 불패의 나라
[사설] 정면돌파전에 박차를 가하여 당창건 75돐을 승리자의 대축전으로 빛내이자
Copyright ⓒ 2000-2020 KANCC(Korean American National Coordinating Council). All rights reserved.
E-mail:  :  webmaster@kancc.org